[et_pb_section bb_built=”1″ admin_label=”section”][et_pb_row admin_label=”row” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat” background_size=”initial”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_text background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat” background_size=”initial”]
These days it seems as though every second person you speak to is involved in the tech industry in one way or another. Of course it is also blatantly obvious that this trend is not about to change anytime soon either. In fact, it continues to be one of the world’s fastest growing industries, if not the fastest.
Whether you are a developer; a programmer; a designer, or even a creative writer, your only chance of success involves staying ahead of the game. There are millions and millions of people out there with university degrees which are relevant to their chosen career paths. These days degrees often don’t have the clout they once had, and graduates need to find other ways to make themselves more appealing to potential employees. The only way to do that is by continually building up your education portfolio.
Even digital nomads are no longer able to get by without acquiring advanced skills and qualifications. Actually, many employers aren’t really all that concerned about traditional university degrees anymore. This is particularly true when it comes to things like graphic design and etc.
Companies like PluralSight have recognized this phenomenon, and they have been quick to step up to the mark. They offer literally thousands of courses which have been specifically designed to offer real-life value in the workplace, and their impeccable reputation suggests that they must be doing something right, but are their courses really worth your time and money?
PluralSight – A Brief Overview
Before we get started with the actual PluralSight review, let’s first take a brief look at the company itself, including their mission and their objectives.
Described as being the biggest tech and creative writing library on earth, PluralSight first opened their doors back in 2004. Back then the company provided exclusively classroom-based training tailored for developers only.
By 2008, management had realized that there was a huge demand for other types of courses, and they believed that there were many professionals out there who would like to further their education, but without having to attend formal classes. This prompted management to take PluralSight online.
By the start of 2013, the company had more than 400 developer courses available. As the marketplace started shifting, with subscribers and potential subscribers requesting additional courses to support an ever widening range of skill sets, the company acquired funding to further accelerate growth. This included the acquisition of four other reputable training companies, with the biggest being the acquisition of Digital-Tutors in 2014.
Today, PluralSight offers over 3,000 courses, all of which have been authored by leading industry experts. Okay, from what you have read so far, you might already be thinking that there is no need to read any further, but let’s keep in mind that we are talking about furthering your education here, and it’s not a matter to be taken lightly. So, rather than jump in blindfolded, please continue reading. Don’t worry; I’ll get straight to the point.
Benefits of Enrolling with PluralSight
- Convenience – PluralSight has certainly gone the extra mile to make sure that their courses are unbelievably convenient. Subscribers are able to complete their courses regardless of where about they are, and they are able to do so using virtually any device, including tablets; smart phones, and even a very innovative “offline” player.
- Scope and Variety – It’s hard to even begin describing just how extensive their selection of course is. As some people have commented: when it comes to PluralSight, the question is not what courses do they offer, but rather, are there any courses they don’t offer.
- International Recognition – All courses are 100% legitimate courses that have been developed by leading experts. They are specifically designed for use in a real-life working environment, and there is no doubt that they can successfully make your online resume shine out in a crowd.
- Extremely Affordable – With subscriptions starting at just $29 per month or $299 per year, it’s difficult to imagine finding quality training for less anywhere else. If you are a quick learner, you get even better value for money because you are paying for monthly or yearly subscriptions rather than for individual courses.
Okay, we’ve looked at a brief outline of the benefits, but let’s discuss these in a bit more detail using a Pros and Cons type of format:
The Pros of PluralSight Training Courses
- Convenience – PluralSight courses offer almost unrivalled convenience. Whether you are sitting in front of your computer at home, or whether you’re on the move, you can continue working your way through any of the courses currently being offered. Even if you don’t own a computer or a tablet, you can complete your course using nothing more than your trusty smart phone. In fact, you don’t even require “always on” internet access either because all study materials can be downloaded quickly and effortlessly when you do have access to the internet. This includes all necessary study materials, including video tutorials which can be viewed with a downloadable “offline” video player. In terms of convenience, PluralSight definitely gets full marks!
- Scope & Variety – It is hard to imagine any course you could possibly be interested in, that isn’t currently being offered by this company. If your desired training course is related to IT; creative writing or etc. you are virtually guaranteed of finding it available through this company. If you have any doubts whatsoever, just go ahead and do a few online queries. No matter which sort of PluralSight review you read, you will see mention of the number of courses being offered by this company, and it’s not at all surprising really, considering that they now offer more than 3,700 courses that you can choose from.
- Course Recognition – To be fair, judging these qualifications on an “international recognition” basis is something I personally would not agree with. The reason for this being that they are not designed to compete with university degrees and the like. You are not studying for a bachelor’s degree or any other degree for that matter. Instead, people who do these courses do so in order to increase their competence in their chosen field, and that is exactly what these courses are designed for. That’s not to say the courses are not recognized nationally or internationally, but they just are not recognized in the same way as university degrees are.
- Value for Money – Starting at just $29 per month or $299 per year, nobody can deny the fact that PluralSight training courses offer exceptional value for money. Think about it for a moment. For less than $1 per day, you can acquire an education which will be with you for the rest of your life; qualifications and additional expertise which could potentially help you to increase your income tenfold.
- Access to Tutors – When you do training courses with PluralSight you are never really left to struggle all by yourself. Yes, independent learning is definitely encouraged, but the company has structured their business model in such a way so as to ensure all their students have access to expert tutors and other likeminded students.
- Certification – After completing each course successfully, students are awarded a certificate in order to prove their latest achievement. These certificates can easily be attached to your online resume, and as we all know, potential employers love to see a long list of relevant qualifications.
- Free Trial – While it might not be a game changer for some people, the PluralSight Free Trial offered by the company is certainly a welcome feature. It allows you to get firsthand experience as far as study materials and so on are concerned, before you actually commit yourself to taking out a subscription.
The Cons of PluralSight Training Courses
- Lack of Recognition – While there might not be very many “real” cons, one cannot just ignore the fact that there is no guarantee that your new qualifications will be recognized by one and all. After all, they are not professional university degrees with which most people are familiar. Nonetheless, this also should not deter you from completing courses through this company. Most of them can give you a profound advantage in the workplace, and at the end of the day, that’s what matters the most. If this is something you are very concerned about, I would suggest getting in touch with the customer service department in order to discuss your concerns.
- Language Limitations – Although it is to be expected, I feel the company could attract significantly more customers if they made their courses available in more languages.
- Overwhelming Variety – I have read countless reviews relating to this company, and I have come across a number of comments from people who say that they felt a bit overwhelmed by the sheer amount of variety on offer. With so many courses available, some people feel that it is difficult to decide which course best fits their individual needs. If you find yourself in this position, I would recommend signing up for the free trial, and then once you have done that you will be able to ask for professional advice regarding which is the best course for you.
PluralSight Review Towards Their Customer Service Department
Whenever you order something online, be it a material object, or be it a service, it always involves you having to place a certain amount of trust in the company you are dealing with. As you no doubt already know, most online businesses offer Money-Back guarantees; warranties, and supposedly outstanding customer support.
If you have even had reason to test any of these personally, there’s a strong possibility that you walked away in the end feeling very disappointed. Of course, it is never the company’s fault because as they will quickly point out, all their terms and conditions are publicly available on their websites, although usually only hidden in the fine print.
I have not personally put PluralSight to the test, but I have studied countless reviews, and what I discovered seemed to me like a breath of fresh air. I’ve only managed to uncover very few negative comments relating to customer service at PluralSight, and of those, a large percentage appear to have been left prematurely. The overwhelming majority of subscribers who have commented about customer service have only had good things to say.
It is somewhat difficult for me to say whether I recommend PluralSight because I have never enrolled in any of their course. I wish I could but I simply don’t have the time. Nonetheless, I have spent a considerable amount of time exploring their website, and I’ve spent far more time studying reviews and feedback from past and present students / customers.
It is my honest opinion that this company can be trusted to provide their subscribers with genuinely good training courses which can later be put to use in a real-life working environment.
Customer service personnel also appear to have a genuine desire to assist people with queries, while expert tutors are on hand to provide professional help with any course related difficulties which you might encounter along the way
[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][et_pb_row background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat” background_size=”initial”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_cta button_url=”http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?b=620905&u=193072&m=53701&urllink=&afftrack=” url_new_window=”off” button_text=”Visit Vendor Site” use_background_color=”off” background_color=”#00a8ff” background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”center” use_border_color=”on” border_color=”#5b5b5b” border_style=”dotted” custom_button=”on” button_letter_spacing=”0″ button_use_icon=”default” button_icon_placement=”right” button_on_hover=”on” button_letter_spacing_hover=”0″ body_font=”|on|||” body_font_size=”20″ body_text_color=”#1e6ebf” custom_padding=”5px|5px|5px|5px” button_text_color=”#dd1818″ button_bg_color=”#5cbc5c” button_border_color=”#c64c2d” border_color_all=”#5b5b5b” border_style_all=”dotted” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat” background_size=”initial” border_width_all=”0px”]
If you would like to find additional information about PluralSight or the many courses they currently offer, please